Poor sleep and stress dramatically reduces our work rate and enjoyment of life, so if the daily grind has been getting you down, a quick all over body pamper might be just the thing to revitalise you. While it can be lovely to indulge in a pamper session at a salon, there are plenty of products that are perfect for perking you up in the privacy of your own home. Follow our simple plan for planning an indulgent de-stressing session for your mind and body.
- Clear any clutter from your bathroom, and make sure you have a soft towel and fresh pyjamas on hand; put on the heating and light candles in the room you are in to create a calming ambiance. Having everything ready will help you feel peaceful and keep the zen flowing. If you live in a busy house, make sure everyone knows the bathroom is out of bounds for a while!
- The key is to make sure you indulge in specific products that don’t feature in your normal routines; a luxurious soak in the tub using a premium bath and shower gel will feel more special if you only relate that scent to ‘me time’.
- Concentrate on relaxing everything from the top of your head to the tip of your toes, relieving tense muscles, soothing the stress from shoulders, the soles of the feet and other tension points. Take the time to properly massage your head with a nourishing shampoo and conditioner and lie back and soak in the warm and delicate aromas of the bath gel.
- Choose a face mask that suits your skin type; if you have dry or prematurely ageing skin, the Dermalogica Multivitamin Power Recovery Masque, with concentrated added vitamins will give a treatment that improves elasticity and moisture content while helping stressed skin to recover. Lie back in the bath and let it do its work before washing off with warm water.
- Once out of the bath and dry, use a body milk to moisturise and hydrate your skin.
- Pamper your feet with a comforting foot cream to smooth rough feet and relax tired muscles. The upper foot and calves will also benefit from a gentle massage.
- Finish off by giving your hands and face some attention. Exfoliate and use appropriate moisturisers for both to lock moisture in and plump out any wrinkles. Nail oil will strength nails and prevent weakening or splitting.
- Make sure you drink plenty of water to flush out waste products and improve the metabolism, especially if you enjoy a hot bath. It’s important not to dehydrate.
Scheduling in time to focus on your own well-being can be tricky and sometimes finances just can’t stretch to a spa or salon trip. Making a space in your weekly routine to stop and indulge yourself will have a positive impact on your life and help you to face the new week with fresh energy and enthusiasm.